1. Don’t marry someone like your mother. Choose a woman who wakes smiling.
2. Use your strength for those who’re weak.
3. People don’t care if you’re right, especially when it means they’re wrong.
4. Try it again. Better or differently.
5. Keep singing.
6. Whatever you do, leave your signature on it. Without having to sign it.
7. Follow your gut.
8. Give without expecting.
9. Move on when people let you down. There is so much more to live for.
10. Things can be worse. Remember that you’ve had a mother who’s loved you beyond her ability.